Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 2010

Sorry we haven’t been giving frequent reports on Molly’s condition, but we’ve been vigorously pursuing various avenues, some promising but none magic bullets. In the meantime, her condition on the whole gets worse. She has to stay in a darkened room at our house because of the rawness of her senses (hyperacusis)–she is still very sensitive to light, sound, scent, motion and commotion. She remains weak and subject to physical and mental torment every day, but at least she continues to eat well. Her doctors work hard. Cousin Catherine was a big boost for everyone while she was in Santa Fe, staying at Molly’s house. Thank you, Catherine!

Molly sends vast love and hugs to everyone. She asked me to convey that one of the most challenging aspects of her illness at the moment is her inability to be in more direct and individual contact with her loved ones she misses terribly. She is unable to write or converse or even dictate except for small amounts, which even then are very taxing. If you can believe it, even the presence of others in her room triggers a great many symptoms. She felt enormously supported by Catherine’s coming out, but heart-broken not to be able to enjoy her beloved cousin’s delightful company more often.

It’s especially difficult not to be able to express in a way she would like her gratitude for the e-mails, art work, inspiring messages and book excerpts, photographs, gifts, voice mail messages, prayers, Reiki, blog entries, letters, cards and loving thoughts, and those who sit with her in meditation or prayer. It is also hard not to be able to express support during loved ones’ own difficult times and to share in celebrations of joyful times. She says, Please know that even though I am silent at the moment, I am sending love and best wishes through the ether.

As you can see, Molly’s symptoms have made her very very isolated, and I know your contact and supportive thoughts are very meaningful to her. Blog comments are fun for her too. I know she is grateful for your concern, as are Frank and I.

Love,
Marilyn, Molly and Frank

P.S. Molly asks me to add our gratitude for research, expertise, practical support and other contributions she can't even begin to list!

11 comments:

  1. Molly: I think about you all the time!!!! I love you and wish I could send you all the health you need. Thanks to your parents, too, for keeping me in the link. I miss you and am keeping you in my thoughts -- LOVE Barbara (Steiner)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly,

    You are a woman warrior! I can't imagine what you're experiencing but stay strong! We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

    Much love,
    Lucy (Mumford)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Molly,

    Did you get the HLA test?

    Through all this, I'm hopeing you're able to get good sleep.

    Keep searching, just like you're doing, looking for the answers you need that will help you. Moving forward, searching for what will help, sooner or later is going to help.

    And maybe Spring! It's coming.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always in my thoughts and heart Molly!

    I admire your courageous fight with your Fates. After all we both are born under the Hexagram of FATE. Our emotional wave moves from pain to hope and the true potential of emotional awareness lies between these highly energetic poles. The feeling of Pain initiates the yearning for change and a cursing of the Fates. The feeling of Hope initiates the yearning for change and prays to the Fates. The awareness that can recognize these feelings leaves the outcome in the hand of the Fates...
    If you can wrap your mind around this awareness, you may let your body eventually find its peace.
    With much love, Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Molly
    I am glad I found the link to your blog. I have wanted to know how you are doing. I had hoped that being away from the mold would allow you to heal. I am glad to know who was in your house. It misses you and is lonely. It was great to see the signs of life there and I had hoped that you were home.
    The ways of karma and fate are indeed strange. Some people seek out situations where they can do dark and silent retreats. You are being offered this experience. Not an easy path, warrioress is indeed your core. Much love, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molly, I just wanted you to know we are still praying and thinking for you daily. I can only guess at how weary you must be fighting this onerous disease. Perhaps with spring and the re-birth that it brings to the earth, you will have renewed strength to keep fighting and begin to see some let up in the effects. It is terrible that you have to fight the "cure" as much as you do the demon. Just so you know, the March full moon was glorious and when I saw it, I of course thought of you. God bless. R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Molly, I think of you quite often and send warmth and healing thoughts your way. I went to St. Ann's alumni day recently and some people there expressed that they were also thinking of you and sending you all of their best wishes and healing thoughts. I am so sorry that you have to endure this but hopeful that things will improve.

    All the best to you and the family -- Cheryl Singleton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sweetest Molly -
    I saw Elizabeth's email and want you to know that we are bringing you into the light and love that hovers around our activities in Taos. All my heart to you.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you as I walk around Brooklyn Heights, filled with memories. My love to you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Dear Molly, Marilyn and Frank:
    I'm eager for news and sending you Metta, Metta, Metta! I've been thinking about you often and wondering what zigs and zags the journey is taking. I pray that there has been some comfort, some hope along the way.
    Life with a toddler (who's now running and climbing and speaking 50 + words!) is hectic, exhausting and joy-filled. I just got him his first hair cut yesterday; he was looking waaaay Rasta, but not in a flattering, zippy, juicy way. Now he looks very BOY. And he caught a cold right away. His hair had been HUGE - HelmetHat. Now, he looks almost, well, preppy. Sending all my love, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Molly,
    The Webbs all of us think of you often, and as usually we perhaps talk more than we think!

    Robin and I had Lyme at exactly the same time last year, from cutting wood, not our first Lyme, but was certainly the worst time, and knowing our experience was momentary compared to your, we were humbled to not complain!

    All the best with the new treatment,
    Bill Webb

    ReplyDelete