Monday, November 11, 2013

Please visit a wonderful blog called The Rag Tree, kept by writer and poet Eric Quinn. He kindly posted a poem of mine entitled "Hieroglyphic."  I wrote it in the wake of an incident in September in which my father took quite a spill.  For those of you who don't know, Papa is doing fine.  All that blood turned out to be due to blood thinner he was on, and he has recovered nicely.   Here's a link to the blog and to my poem:
http://cathay12.wordpress.com/2013/10/16/molly-hunt-local-poet-local-hero/
Here are pics right after the incident, and one more recent.  If you look closely, you will see there remains a scar.  But, I'd say he if he had to have one, it's a rather handsome effect:



3 comments:

  1. Dear Molly, I have found all of your poems incredibly moving and insightful. Your poem after Frank’s fall resonated, since two weeks ago David suffered a similar, but from the photo, somewhat less traumatic, fall on West 77th St. It was dark, but thankfully, a woman who witnessed his accident proved to be a Guardian Angel, who, on a chilly evening stripped to her camisole to cushion David’s head and staunch the bleeding from a deep forehead gash, while awaiting the quickly summoned ambulance. He, too, was thoroughly scanned and stitched and is now recovered. So glad to see the “after” photo of your dad without the embellishments. With love, Nada and David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn! That looks like it hurt - makes me cringe.
    I've got a few scars on my face as well - being irresponsible mostly.
    I like to think scars make me look tough!
    Do girls like TOUGH? Well ... looking back, not so much.
    New plan! Ummm .... Chivalry. Yes, that's it.
    Spin a good yarn, and this could work for you!

    Glad to see you're okay Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly, thank you for posting your kind link to my blog; it's much appreciated. I hope you are feeling better, and am sending you the best energy I can.

    ReplyDelete