Dear friends and family,
We've been so busy we haven't posted updates for quite a while. Plus, I was shy about figuring out how to do posts! Now there are three new ones all at once that we’d started over a period of time.
Much of what was in the last posting, for July, is still valid, sorry to say. But we were very fortunate to arrange an early August face-to-face meeting between Molly a Lyme expert and consultant from out of state.
Consequently he and our local doctor who we have consulted in the past, have put together a new plan for treatment, which we are beginning to carry out in an orderly manner as befits Molly’s sensitive state--frustrating though it is, not to implement everything at once!
Love to all, and thank you so much for your support,
Marilyn
P.S. from Molly: As I say below, I haven’t been able to retrieve e-mails sent to my address since mid-June, and I miss those communications. Please do send future e-mails to the address you find on the e-mail notification about the new entries. I look forward to hearing from you, and to your comments on the blog (just say if you would like us to post your e-mails on the blog for you).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Molly, Marilyn, and Frank,
ReplyDeleteMore about trees. This past weekend we visited with some of the oldest ponderosa pines in New Mexico. These majestic trees which have lived over the last 5 or 6 centuries reminded us of the grace and beauty that surrounds us all, during and most difficult and happiest times. As you continue on this journey together, it is heartening to hear of the love and trust that flows so freely between you, just as the oldest trees give with out expecting to receive, so do you.
We will send Marilyn a picture of the Buddha tree that inspires all who see it.
We'd like to deliver a container of homemade lasagna late tomorrow. Please let us know if this would work for you.
YOu are in our thoughts and hearts. Be well and know that you are an inspiration.
Love, Steve and Deborah
Hi Marilyn,
ReplyDeleteThanks for getting in touch with me. I read the blog and it really touched me, I have no words..It just really touched my heart. Please tell Molly I am thinking about her and I hope she can see the full moon, it is a beautiful sight right now.
Love,
Catherine
Dear Molly,
ReplyDeleteI am so delighted to have heard from you/your mother even though the news was difficult. I think of you much. I wish I had words of wisdom but you and your mother write so beautifully. I am so impressed that you all are able to appreciate what you can do, what you all have learned from this but acknowledge and allow the frustration, anger and pain. it seems this has brought you to the basics of life-living in the present and accepting what is.
I was delighted to "drive" with you in the back roads of NM, one of the most beautiful states. I fondly remember your parents house which was my introductiong to NM. It remains one of my favorite houses. I can also appreciate that going "back home" can be a challenge for all. As for the guilt, screw it. this isn't a choice, right?
I will think of you as I meditate :-)
love,
Carol
Dear Molly, We're leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks. I have read with much interest your thoughts and observations as you experience this great upheaval in your life and it's indeed an inspiration. IN the past, I have passed on some comments from my friend who is now undergoing brain surgery for her Parkinson's and, with your permission, would like to send her some of yours. You look at your world from such a limited place yet notice such detail that we all benefit from your observations. I'd be happy to help organize them in a booklet that you and friends/family will certainly want to keep when this difficult time is over. AND IT WILL BE!
ReplyDeleteHey Molly,
ReplyDeleteSaw Faulkner in Paris this weekend, she and her sister and parents were here celebrating her Dad's 70th birthday.
We had a good time walking around her old digs in Montmartre, my neighborhood in the 19th, and the Latin Quarter where her parents treated us to some fancy and delicious restaurants.
I hope you get this message and hope you get better soon.
k a i
I really hope that all the sensitivities Molly is experiencing do ease off soon so that she is able to reclaim more and more of the things she loves to do. I have Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, so I can relate to some of what she is experiencing. Really good to know that she is looked after so lovingly, and is in a safer environment now so that her exposure to things that effect her is reduced.
ReplyDeleteI'll look through my more recent photos and see what has nice clear lines and that I think she will like. I know from earlier that enlarging the main subject can help her see them better.
Sending Molly a gentle hug and warm positive thoughts,
jani
I have not forgotten Molly, and continue to think of her with gratitude for her contributions to my own journey. I am sad to hear that her body is not responding to treatment, but deeply inspired by her tenacity. Thank you for being there for her!
ReplyDeleteMolly Love, I have continued to sit with you every day at 9:30 a.m. your time! Usually i'm sitting in the afternoon, but sometimes i've simply needed to rest then.
ReplyDeleteYou are always in this consciousness.
Never alone.
May you feel the Spacious Heart......this is You.
Peace, ease, joy,
shira
My dear Molly,
ReplyDeleteI have thought long and hard about what I might send you that would touch you and me both. Suddenly I realized what it might be: a piece of Psalm 19.
I heard the psalms often, and learned a few of them, as a child. Phrases and lines from various psalms have rolled around in my head ever since. They are quite remarkable--even more so because of their age. And we who speak English have the good fortune that the Bible was translated into English during one of the great periods of English poetry and literature. ...
I imagine, during this terrible time, you might have been drawn more to Job than to the psalms! But I feel led to write out for you what to me are the most beautiful and meaningful parts of this psalm. I think of "God" and "the Lord" as some great principle--of love, of good, of light--to which I am drawn and which helps to order my life for good. So here goes:
***
"The heavens declare the glory of God;
and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
"Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto
night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech
nor language, where their voice is not heard.
"The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul:
the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
"The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart:
the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.
"The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever:
the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
"Moreover by them is thy servant warned:
and in keeping of them there is great reward.
"Let the words of my mouth,
and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight,
O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer."
***
Sent with our love, as we hold you in the light,
Ellie Szanton
Dear Molly,
ReplyDeleteI thought I would tell you that sometimes when I 'sit' with you what I do is just chant your name over and over again and will you to gain strength.
I am going to send a few photographs of our adventures in Henri. Although now the summer is a distant memory with my work right now just frantic getting ready for the new academic year it is fun to think about it and I will try to write you an account in little stages.
Much love. Susie
Are Marilyn and Frank the dearest parents in the world, or what? First of all, I didn't know that they were artists! The drawings are real, and far more charming than a lot of stuff on gallery walls in New York, where you haven't missed a thing. Molly, you don't know me, but I suspect that you, too, have an artistic bent. I'm a friend of your parents', one of the wacky dance critics they meet up with at performances. Happily, for these last two weeks in August, there's almost nothing to attend. You may ask, then, what is this person doing up at 4:30 a.m. in the morning? Ah, it's Labor Day weekend, and in its honor I'm laboring. I have a big editorial project due at midnight, Monday night. It involves me typing 105,000 words by another writer, and I've managed to lay down 85,000, so there's hope I'll actually be on time for a change. (One editorial project I had took 17 years. Years! The editor had almost given me up as a lost wanderer in the Kalahari. When I staggered in with the completed manuscript, I was immediately given honorary status in the Explorers' Club and an AARP card. In the immortal language of Alan Jay Lerner, Words! Words! Words!)
ReplyDeleteIn the event, I live in Brooklyn, New York, and it sounds as if much more is going on where you are, Molly. I have yet to spot a single three-legged grasshopper in this Zip Code! Occasionally, I see one cabbage moth, or, on a really spectacular day, one monarch butterfly. They like to hang around the hawthorne tree in the front of the house where I live. There was a lightning bug that somehow got into the bathtub in July, and I felt very Bronze Medal-worthy when I managed to coax the little guy onto a Kleenex and get him outside onto some grass. In the morning, a few sparrows commandeer the hawthorne, and every so often I spot a pigeon. In Brooklyn, they don't fly: they strut, one foot in front of the other, across the street. Jaywalkers all.
Well, I have to go back to the project, which is impatiently tugging at my elbow, but I wanted to say hello and tell you that your blog is beautiful and filled with messages that stir the heart just to read them.
With kindest regards, Molly,
Mindy Aloff
Your mother has written to tell me of your trials, and I want to say that I am persevering in prayer for you, although I am ashamed to say that I do not pray for you every day, but I shall begin, God willing. I am so proud of you for enduring and seeking to be healed. Our bodies do want health and are ever working toward it. Please know that you are loved and valued by all the family, including me.
ReplyDelete