Molly, Frank and I cherish your support for Molly. We’re sorry we haven’t been better at giving updates on her situation. As you know, she isn’t able to write or talk without exhausting herself and bringing on more symptoms. We haven’t had clear news to convey because her body has had such intolerance for many medications, antibiotics and supplements. That has also kept us hopping, looking for solutions.
Here is a piece of news, however, that we hope will turn out to be significant. It could make sense of the variety of frustrations we’ve met with. A Lyme doctor who has noted Molly’s low tolerance and sensitization to antibiotics and other medications, and her history of toxin exposures, points out that she may have a genetic predisposition against recovering from such exposures (especially to Lyme toxins and molds). She may be lacking an enzyme necessary to break down the toxins. She should receive the HLA test (Human Leukocyte Antigen test) to determine which pathway for detox is blocked, and also a test for methylation defect. Then measures could be taken to counteract any such problem. (The doctor has 5 patients who had the same trouble, were tested and are improving.) This sounds promising! Fingers crossed!
Note: Molly has been suffering with increasing neurological symptoms. Everything seems to move at a stately pace in the medical world, but on Monday, Dec. 14th, we are expecting to get the tests--10 of them!--done for missing enzymes etc. . Then we wait for the results, and see what to do about them...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very promising news..keeping fingers and toes crossed for good news!
ReplyDeleteMay the turning of the light guide you as you move forward. Blessed solstice, Molly.
ReplyDeleteHoping there was useful information from the test results... Happy New Year to you all,
ReplyDeleteMartha
Thank you so much for the updates Marilyn.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you Molly. I hope the test results will shed light where needed, and that your health will very much improve.
sending love and warm hugs,
jani
Dearest Molly,
ReplyDeleteI've been trying for several days to write a quick note, but have not been able to articulate my thoughts in a manner worthy of your blog. So .... here is a quick version of my thoughts.
I hope you were able to find some relief and joy over the holidays. I think of you often, and look forward to an overdue visit. Good things eventually come to sweethearts like you, and this is a good time for a recovery.
I miss you babe...
Hey Molly,
ReplyDeleteI wanted you to know that you have been in my thoughts lately. I continue to hope for your improvement. I have gotten minimal updates from my mother. I have also heard that my cousin Catherine may come to see you soon, I feel very optimistic about that. Visits and companionship can do wonders, I hope it does. Best wishes of light, love, laughter, and healing
your cousin, Lyssa Buda